McCain Sucks, Palin Sucks = No Bush left behind

Once a wiseass, always a …. — “McCain’s WMD Is a Mouth That Won’t Quit”

Posted on: September 20, 2008

“The characteristics that led to McCain gaining hundreds of demerits at the Naval Academy have never fully left him; by his own admission, he has an “irremediable” personality trait of being “a wiseass,” and as he added: “Occasionally my sense of humor is ill-considered or ill-timed, and that can be a problem.”

“Others have concurred: A 2007 Associated Press story was titled “McCain’s WMD Is a Mouth That Won’t Quit”.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/2007-11-03-998821539_x.htm

“Over the years this trait has led to a series of controversial remarks:

“In his 1986 senate campaign, he referred to the Leisure World retirement community as “Seizure World”, where “97 percent of the people vote and the other 3 percent are in intensive care,” a joke made worse when he did not directly apologize for any offense caused by it.

“In 1998, McCain was chastised for reportedly making an off-color joke at a Republican fundraiser about President Clinton’s daughter, Chelsea, saying “Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno.” McCain later apologized to President Clinton and Clinton accepted his apology.

“McCain openly used the term “gook”, in reference to his Vietnamese torturers during the Vietnam War, even since his return as a POW. During the 2000 presidential campaign, he repeatedly refused to apologize for his continued use of the term, stating that he reserved its reference only to his captors. Late in the primary season, with growing criticism from the Asian American community in the politically important state of California, McCain reversed his position, and vowed to no longer use the term in public.

“During a campaign appearance in Murrells Inlet, South Carolina on April 18, 2007, McCain was asked a question about possible military action against Iran. He responded by singing “Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran” to the melody of the Beach Boys’ song “Barbara Ann”, reminiscent of a 1980 parody by Vince Vance & The Valiants. When later confronted about the matter, McCain stated, “My response is lighten up, and get a life.” Asked whether the joke he made was insensitive, McCain retorted, “Insensitive to what? The Iranians?”

“During a taping of The Daily Show on April 24, 2007, host Jon Stewart asked McCain, “What do you want to start with, the bomb Iran song or the walk through the market in Baghdad?” McCain responded by saying,”I think maybe shopping in Baghdad … I had something picked out for you, too ­ a little IED to put on your desk.”

“On April 25, 2007, representative John Murtha demanded an apology from McCain on the floor of the House, where Murtha said that to make jokes about bringing IEDs back for comedians was unconscionable when so many soldiers are dying from IEDs in Iraq. McCain responded by telling Murtha and other critics to “Lighten up and get a life.”

“On May 18, 2007 McCain said  ” F— you!” to  fellow Senator John Cornyn during a meeting on immigration legislation.

McCain is so unPresidential.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: